Radio Dongle Upgrade
My previous dongle burnt out before I could finish the code (admittadly it's been over a year since I even looked at it) and the dongle was plugged in countously for a large amount of that time.
The latest version of the well-known R820T2 dongle from RTL-SDR.com: the V3 version. This dongle had an SMA connector and receives from as low as 500KHz.
• Includes 1x RTL-SDR Blog brand R820T2 RTL2832U 1PPM TCXO HF Bias Tee SMA Dongle (V3)
• Great for many applications including general radio scanning, air traffic control, public safety radio, ADSB, AIS, ACARS, trunked radio, P25 digital voice, POCSAG, weather balloons, APRS, NOAA APT weather satellites, radio astronomy, meteor scatter monitoring, DAB, or for use as a low cost panadapter with a traditional ham radio.
• Several improvements over generic brands including use of the R820T2 tuner, improved component tolerances, a 1 PPM temperature compensated oscillator (TCXO), SMA F connector, aluminium case with thermal pad for passive cooling, software activatable bias tee circuit.
• Can tune from 500 kHz to 1.7 GHz and has up to 3.2 MHz (2.4 MHz stable) of instantaneous bandwidth. (HF reception below 24 MHz runs in direct sampling mode)
• Uses a SMA female antenna port.
- 1x Dipole Antenna Base with 60cm RG174, 2x 23cm to 1m telescopic antenna, 2x 5cm to 13cm telescopic antenna, 1x 3 meter RG174 extension cable, 1x Flexible Tripod Mount, 1x Suction Cup Mount
This is an RTL-SDR software defined radio receiver with RTL2832U ADC chip, 1PPM TCXO, SMA F connector, R820T2 tuner and aluminium case with passive cooling. Tunes from 500 kHz to 1.7 GHz with up to 3.2 MHz (2.4 MHz stable) of instantaneous bandwidth. (HF mode works in direct sampling mode - V3 models and above only). Perfect for use as a computer based radio scanner with free software like SDR#, HDSDR, SDR-Radio, Linrad, GQ